shell() vs terminal re. ssh

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Dec 23 17:19:19 EST 2015

Ick! It's secure, but so is throwing all my servers and backups into a vat of extremely caustic acid. <sigh>

Bob S

On Dec 23, 2015, at 13:22 , Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com<mailto:ambassador at fourthworld.com>> wrote:

Monte Goulding wrote:

> I'm no bash expert but I just wanted to check the user your cgi is
> bing run under is the same as the user you are logging into to run
> the script from terminal.

Thanks, Monte and Mike.

Yes, that was the problem - CGIs run as a different user.  But I have root on that server so I logged in as the CGI process, generated a key pair, copied the pub key to the other server, and now my CGI can handle the transfer well.

--
Richard Gaskin
Fourth World Systems