Checkboxs

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 20:43:58 EST 2015

Hi Joel,

This might help you. For the script of your checkbox put this:

on mouseUp
   if the hilite of me = true then
      set the label of me to "Ticked"
   else
      set the label of me to "Un-ticked"
   end if
end mouseUp

If on the other hand you want to change the appearance of the √ to an X or
some other character in the box I don't think that is possible with the
standard checkbox. What you'd have to do is choose a standard button and
create two icons for it, one an empty box, the other with the character you
want in the box. You would then use the Property Inspector -> Icons &
Border pane to set the button's icon and hilitedIcon to the graphics you
created. LC will then automatically change the icon for you when you click
on the button.