Release 8.0 DP 12

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Mon Dec 21 11:10:06 EST 2015

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.0 DP 12.

Warning: this is not a stable release. Please ensure you back up your
stacks before testing them.

Important Note: We recently changed the way the release notes are built.
This had some unwanted side effects. In the current LiveCode 8 DP 12 build,
the release notes included in the app bundle are not the correct ones.
Given this issue, we had two choices; either to release DP 12 before
Christmas holiday (with this bug), or to fix this bug and release DP 12
after Christmas. We thought it is better to go for the first option, since
there is a very simple workaround for this bug:

1. Download the release notes for LiveCode DP 12 from
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_0_0/LiveCodeNotes-8_0_0_dp_12.pdf

2. Rename the .pdf to Release Notes.pdf

3. Copy the renamed file and paste it into the app bundle in the following
folder:

(When installing for "All Users")
OS X: /Applications/LiveCode <version>.app/Contents/Tools/
Windows: <x86 program files folder>/RunRev/LiveCode <version>/
Linux: /opt/livecode/livecode-<version>/

(When installing for "You only")
OS X: ~/Applications/LiveCode <version>.app/Contents/Tools/
Windows: <user roaming app data folder>/RunRev/Components/LiveCode
<version>/
Linux: ~/.runrev/components/livecode-<version>/

This will replace the existing Release Notes.pdf file inside the app
bundle, and will give you access to the correct release notes via the IDE
menubar (Help -> Release Notes)

*Getting the release*
You can get the release at http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

LiveCode 8 is still in development so we’d love to hear any
feedback you have on it. There are a number of features that we’d like to
implement but aren’t ready yet and the existing features are subject to
change during development - we can’t guarantee that extensions written in
Developer Previews will continue to work the same way in later versions.

Please report any bugs encountered on our Bugzilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93

Have a great holiday,
The LiveCode Team