Player Object in HTML 5?

-hh hh at livecode.org
Fri Dec 18 06:40:04 EST 2015

> On 2015-12-18 11:34, Peter Bogdanoff wrote:
> > When I said "millisecond," I meant precision to a millisecond.
> > Otherwise timers would be a second or two or longer. That is possible?
>
> I would be very surprised if you need millisecond precision for anything UI related - just a guarantee that your timers will trigger in order at the closest time they can to your requested time (which is no different than you get in the Desktop engines). People with the very best eyesight *might* be able to detect changes at 60fps, but mostly it is 15-40fps I believe. So I suspect an error in the region of +/-20ms would not be noticeable in any use-case involving sound playback being tied to visual feedback. Warmest Regards, Mark.

I would like to second this.
Time measurements on screen displays below 1 tick (=1/60 second) are said to be pretty good random generators. But I heard of people that even believe in 'exactness' of data < 1 tick, measured on a Raspberry Pi (which doesn't even have a hardware clock).

TMHO, there are easier ways to interpret randomness ...