Improving the LiveCode release notes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Dec 15 14:09:54 EST 2015

On December 15, 2015 12:48:20 PM CST, Peter TB Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com> wrote:

>All of the inputs for the release notes are in the git repositories.
>There's also a LiveCode Script stack that does all the processing,
>starting from Markdown snippets, and ending up with the final Markdown,
>
>HTML and PDF release note documents.
>
>Ideally, the information about in which release each piece of LiveCode
>Script syntax was last updated should actually just be in the
>dictionary
>entry itself and should be searchable through the dictionary interface.

Most of the entries do show the initial release date in the dictionary but the problem is that we often can't recall what term to look up. A searchable database of all release notes would solve that, since we could enter a more generic string to search on.

I also find that the release notes, at least earlier ones, contain more extensive explanations of new syntax and changes than the short synopsis provided in the dictionary. That's very helpful.
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com