Improving the LiveCode release notes

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Dec 15 13:52:22 EST 2015

On 2015-12-15 17:33, Peter Haworth wrote:

> The LC8 Release notes also include several pages of information about
> widgets which I think should be in a separate document, referred to by
> the
> release notes where necessary.  But then that gets into the whole issue
> of
> getting the User Guide updated (or having a separate Widgets Guide),
> which
> is where the Widget information should be.

There's already a separate widgets guide, which contains all of the
explanatory information from the release notes, in more detail, and much
more besides.  It's available in the "Guides" tab of the dictionary
stack -- you're looking for the "Extending LiveCode" guide.  The bits on
widgets in the release notes are just a summary (for people who haven't
used LC8 before) and info on what's changed since earlier developer
preview releases (for people who have).

BTW, Ali has done some work today on improving the layout and
accessibility of the guides in the IDE.

                                  Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>