Improving the LiveCode release notes

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Dec 15 12:16:31 EST 2015

On 12/15/2015 01:00 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:

>> How about alphabetizing the Dictionary Additions and Dictionary Changes
>> lists?
>
> Good plan.
>
> How useful are those sections?  Does anyone actually rely on them for
> anything?

Well, *I* do, but maybe it's just me. When we do weekly releases at work
I do the same for historical tracking. Otherwise it's really hard to
query a bug-tracking tool (I'm talking at you, bugzilla) to get a list
of the bugs that were fixed/features added for a given release. If a bug
that was fixed in a previous release pops up again in a later one, I can
the window for finding the code changes. But if I'm the only one who
cares about this stuff then I'm ok with dropping the sections from the
release notes.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com