Step through libURL

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Dec 9 22:06:31 EST 2015

Hi Dan,

In 6.7 I was able to clone the revLibUrl button or stack (I forget which
is used in 6.7.x), rename it, stop using (or remove from front, or ...)
the actual rev one and start using my copy. Then the debugger would go
into the revLibUrl code like I wanted, so I could see what was happening.

YMMV.

Phil Davis

On 12/9/15 10:18 AM, Dan Friedman wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I am trying to track down a problem I am having with a particular client's system where the DNS lookup is being overwritten by the “domain” the computer is trying to belong/log into.
>
> This came up because we recently updated our standalone from LC 5.5.1, to LC 7.0.1.  When we attempt to "get" a file using 5.5.1, it works perfect.  When using 7.0.1 (also tried 7.0.4 and 8.0 dp10), we get empty.  After tracing the request with WireShark, we see that the DNS lookup is being overwritten by the “domain” the computer is trying to belong/log into.
>
> Has anyone experienced anything like this?
>
> I think it's safe to say that the request is being sent differently in 7.0 vs. 5.5.  How can I "see" what LC is doing?  Does 7.0 still use libURL?  I see there is a "revLibURL" stack.  If so, How can I step through revLibURL?  I set some breakpoints in revLibURL, but nothing tripped.
>
> Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
>
> -Dan

Phil Davis