Fun programming challenge

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 08:45:10 EST 2015

http://adventofcode.com

Two related problems each night at midnight EST. It started easy, but it
seems to be getting more challenging. The leaderboard is the top 100,
sorted first by how many problems you've solved, and then by the time you
submitted solutions, so it ends up being a speed competition each night. I
admit a little frustration that last night I was twice as slow as about 20
people, but maybe they didn't have to code their own left and right
bit-shift operations. (do we have those built-in and I just missed it?)