[Bug] Red Dot Breakpoints Ignored - Recipe

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 23:47:27 EDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 1:56 AM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

It's really not a good idea to try to mess with the loop index while it's
> running. Do this instead:
>
> put 1 into y
> repeat with x = 1 to 10
>   add 1 to y
> end repeat
> beep
>
> and set the break condition on the 'add 1 to y' line

Yes, good catch, except if I do add the breakpoint at 'add 1 to y' and
create the condition:

(x = 4 or (x = "7)

The debugger does not stop because the condtion isn't invalid but it
doesn't tell me that - well it didn't use to but now I know that a reason
that Red Dots are ignored is because of a mistake in my conditional
statement it will trigger me to load it into the msg box and see if it
works.

What is the bug number for Red Dots ignored, I'd like to add my thoughts
that after clicking the Ok button on the conditional statement that a
validity check MUST be carried out. Surely this must be one of the reasons
for user frustration with Red Dots.