v8 DP3

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Wed Aug 26 15:42:17 EDT 2015

On 08/26/2015 11:54 AM, Richmond wrote:

>> I just knocked together a standard stack with one button containing
>> the script:
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>   put "HELLO"
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> before I tried building a standalone, that script did NOT work . . .
>>
>> I built a 64-bit Linux standalone, and it *opened* (the script did not
>> run, but then it didn't in the IDE either).
>>
>> I then knocked together a standard stack with one button containing
>> the script:
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>    move me to 50,50
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> *worked* in the IDE, and worked as a standalone!
>>
>> Xubuntu 64-bit, 15.04
>>
>> Best, Richmond.
>>
>> P.S. Probably a problem caused by Vladimir *Put*in!
>

> Here:
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9k9r6zqqs01sxo1/AAAFIpKPxoxns3kRplMOsaJda?dl=0
>
> File: Test_26_Aug_15.zip
>
> Richmond.

Thank you, Richmond. The Mover standalone ran here and the stack
successfully compiled and ran as a standalone on my machine. So, I went
back and see that under Linux standalone settings, 64bit is deselected
by default and I hadn't even bothered checking (red-face goes here). All
I did was deselect Windows and OS X... I would like to politely suggest
if Linux is by default going to build for Windows and OS X, it could
also build by default for both Linux architectures.

It seems the answer dialog may be a problem in standalone building.
Opening a standalone that uses an answer dialog returns this error,
"Error 91,15,1 (linebreak without a comma here in the error message)
532,52,1 while loading stack: pLibraryName". Clicking "OK" does nothing.
The dialog has to be dismissed by clicking the close button in the title
bar. The dialog reappears. Same issue with dismissing/closing it. The
app window then opens. A button that goes "beep" works as expected. The
button that displays the answer dialog works and displays the proper
text but the dialog again cannot by dismissed by clicking "OK".

That's what I have here. Does this happen for you , or anyone else?

Warren