v8 DP3

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 12:49:11 EDT 2015

On 08/26/2015 07:20 PM, Warren Samples wrote:
> On 08/26/2015 10:23 AM, Richmond wrote:
>> Really excited, now I have a functioning 64-bit system, to dig into this
>> 'puppy'.
>>
>> Richmond.
>

> Richmond,
>
> Please let me know if you can build a working standalone on your
> system. I can't get a standalone built in any version of LC8 to open
> and run on my system running openSUSE and KDE. Trying to run one from
> the command line doesn't return any messages.
>
> Warren

I just knocked together a standard stack with one button containing the
script:

on mouseUp
   put "HELLO"
end mouseUp

before I tried building a standalone, that script did NOT work . . .

I built a 64-bit Linux standalone, and it *opened* (the script did not
run, but then it didn't in the IDE either).

I then knocked together a standard stack with one button containing the
script:

on mouseUp
    move me to 50,50
end mouseUp

*worked* in the IDE, and worked as a standalone!

Xubuntu 64-bit, 15.04

Best, Richmond.

P.S. Probably a problem caused by Vladimir *Put*in!