Script Editor future (was Open Source Kickstarter Report Card)

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Sun Aug 23 13:01:31 EDT 2015

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 at 16:18, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 2:51 AM, Ali Lloyd <ali.lloyd at livecode.com> wrote:

> It's not possible for it to have gotten worse in LC 7, as the 7 IDE is
> identical to the 6 IDE except for branding

It does, however, seem to be a huge leap back from 5.

The delays in 5 were merely sluggish enough to be annoying, irc.   Now
they're long enough to click a couple of times, look around, cuss the
machine, click another couple of times, check to see if other applications
or other lived windows work, and click again.

My response was specifically in relation to what Mark said about hooks and
frontscripts.