Script Editor future (was Open Source Kickstarter Report Card)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 23 11:55:53 EDT 2015

On August 23, 2015 1:51:35 AM CDT, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:
>I wonder if someone
>from the mothership sat down and said "right, we are going to make our
>Script Editor compatible with the top 3 text editors on each platform,
>how do we make that happen." if a lot of those hooks could be simplified
>and the process more 3rd party friendly?

When the last script editor revision was released it included hooks so you could work in any external editor. I never used that so I'm not sure how it's done, but I believe the feature is still available. I know there are at least some remnants of it because there's a bug that sometimes warns me that the script has been revised in an outside source when it hasn't been.
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com