What is this - is anyone making money?

Todd Fabacher tfabacher at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 09:46:02 EDT 2015

>So the crux comes down to this. IMO your ability to make money with LC has
>nothing to do with the language and everything to do with your business
>acumen, which Richard and Todd have already pointed out will take a lot of
>skill, effort and time. In this regard Gladwell is probably correct, it
>wont matter what business it is, or what tools you are using, it's going to
>take YOU the same 10000 whatevers to master the business.

Great point Kay. So I searched google with LiveCode + startups, + money,
+profit, +success, +App business, +business, + Venture Capital ...Mostly I
got things like this:
http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?biz.5.855727.7

What do you think about starting a community driven initiative named
"Making Money with LiveCode", it will complement the "Create It with
LiveCode" class? But it will be community driven and mentor people who are
just starting out. There are benefits because if you do contract work there
will be more takers, more possibilities of customers for the new widgets
and if you are an investor like me who is always looking for possibilities
- this is perfect.

The point is to make the LiveCode pie bigger and more profitable for all. I
am a HUGE fan of open source, but I am also a fan of HUGE profits. There
can be both.

--Todd