[OT] Copyrighting games?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Fri Aug 21 12:09:23 EDT 2015

> Lynn, you twist my words. I don't like that.
>
> I didn't say "do nothing". I said: you can do a few things
> that don't cost you money and those copyright registration
> websites don't provide you with any additional protection
> whatsoever, so don't pay for their services.

You are also creating an argument where there wasn't one. Take a happy
break, its Friday ;-)

At least with copyright (within the scope of US copyright), once something
is fixed in medium the law applies. You do not have to do anything else to
be afforded protections under the law - therefore, 'do nothing' because you
are covered. If you want enhanced protection under the law, then you
register.

Trademarks work sort of in a similar way, though I wouldn't not rely on
their similarities without doing research.

Patents are a glue-huffing, frog in a blender nightmare. Get help.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software
http://www.paradigmasoft.com