JSON, URL-encode, and UTF-8

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 20 23:32:43 EDT 2015

On 8/20/2015 10:23 PM, Peter W A Wood wrote:
> Jacque
>

>> This works fine in LiveCode 7.0.3. I’ll download 7.1RC1 and see if
>> it works there too.
>
> Apart from the difference in LiveCode versions, there is one other
> difference that may be significant. I am using HTTP on my machine not
> HTTPS. There have been some bugs in LiveCode 7 HTTPS support. Is it
> possible for you to run your test using HTTP to access your client’s
> server?

I'd thought of that too. I'll ask the PHP guy to set up an http URL. The
other difference is the UTF8 encoding, but it's my understanding that
servers always expect to receive that.

Thanks very much to you and Charles for your tests. I agree with Charles
that it may indicate there is something wrong with the PHP script. If I
give him the simple echo script that you posted here, is that a good test?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com