What is this - is anyone making money?

Pyyhtiä Christer christer at mindcrea.com
Wed Aug 19 15:46:13 EDT 2015

Although playing around with LiveCode for a number of years and enjoying - often 'trial and error' - haven't really got anywhere close to see the fruits for the effort making an application.

As many of us I have paid for the licenses, put money out for free development expecting some wanted features, continued for Indie advancement payments (hope to live beyond the licenses expire), I have to ask my colleague developers, are you making any money with the apps you develop (with LC)?  Or is it just fun?  Are you ingenious enough to hit the sweet spot what is driving the downloads? This is nothing against LC - rather a question to answer to possible $ supporters if to continue pursuing the efforts & telling 'this will be the thing'.

Another question is where is the beef for the different apps.  Games, plays - but does anything serious drive apps in iOS world. What about Android, is there a different worlds of users?  Finally, is everything just games and plays, is there any interest for value applications, which is not 'just here and now'?  What's there for serious app development, is everything just what is the click for just now, just today?

Have fun,

Christer Pyyhtiä
MindCrea Ltd
Mobile: +358-400-410216