libCurl wrapper using LiveCode Builder [was: Re: SFTP support]

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed Aug 19 14:39:17 EDT 2015

On 2015-08-19 20:27, Lyn Teyla wrote:

> Have you guys at LiveCode Ltd thought about implementing this revamp
> of networking/sockets by simply writing a libCurl wrapper using
> LiveCode Builder?

Yes -- one of our very first, high priority ideas for an LCB-based
project.  I even made a start on it, and I have an internal project [1]
that would really benefit from it.  However, it's not yet technically
possible, I'm afraid.

I expect the necessary LCB language features to appear in a LiveCode 8.x
release, where x > 0.  Some of them are floating around in Mark
Waddingham's GitHub repository in various states of completion.

                                   Peter

[1] Our continuous integration system, vulcanbot.

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Engine Development Team