Open Source Kickstarter Report Card (Updated)

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 03:15:34 EDT 2015

Matthias

> On 18 Aug 2015, at 14:32, Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D <matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de> wrote:
>

>> Am 18.08.2015 um 04:45 schrieb Peter W A Wood <peterwawood at gmail.com>:
>>
>> There have been quite a few comments and clearly a number of different views amongst members of the community. I would like to add my perspective.
>>
>> The LiveCode Kickstarter campaign was very unusual in that the LiveCode could fulfil all of the rewards without actually having to complete the project. The rewards consisted of gifts and existing LiveCode products.
>>
>> In one sense, LiveCode completed the Kickstarter campaign when all the rewards had been delivered. I’m sure that Kickstarter would take this view.
>
> But then the Kickstarter campaign is not yet completed. ;) The printed dictionary reward was not yet sent.

Thanks. I missed the printed dictionary reward. "New & Revised PRINTED LIVECODE SYNTAX DICTIONARIES with hundreds of updated language terms after final Kickstarter project delivery”

So I was wrong and the rewards were connected to the project after all.

I wonder what “the final Kickstarter project delivery” means in practical terms. All stretch goals completed?

I will update my report card.

Regards

Peter