Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 03:24:45 EDT 2015

On 17/08/15 06:30, Roger Eller wrote:
> I am surprised that anyone would expect a lot of coding help to rise out of
> the LC community.  Sure there are a few who have experience in the lower
> level languages, but my sole reason in choosing LC was for the English-like
> syntax.  I don't know, nor do I want to learn C or Objective C or anything
> else.  I started with HC, and it ends with LC for me.

Very well put indeed.

I didn't start with HC: I gave up computer programming for good
because I really couldn't be bothered with Pascal, FORTRAN and so on.

It was HC that got me going again.

I took side trips to Toolbook and so on, but
when I found LiveCode I felt I had 'come home', and
I am, effectively, a one-trick pony nowadays.

LiveCode used to claim (c.f. RR 1.1.1 handbook) that the whole of
LiveCode was constructed in LiveCode . . . therefore, surely, we can
also do further construction?

Richmond.