richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 13:37:20 EDT 2015
So; just back from a computer-Free weekend in the villa; so read the
Revolution 1.1.1. guidebook and coming up with several questions:
1. 'Transcript' . . . not anymore, BUT does the language-qua-language
have a name that is distinct from the IDE?
2. 12 classes of objects . . . well EPS seems to have gone the way of
all flesh . . .
3. How come after 15 years with LiveCode I have NEVER heard of
'try/catch/throw' ? is this because they are pointless,
or am I missing something extremely important?
4. chunk expressions: err . . . ok, SENTENCE was introduced in LC 7.0
"delimited by UniCode sentence breaks', that is going to need
some explaining, especially as a 'sentence' may be a concept that isn't
present in all languages ????
5. cross-platform conversion of custom props. well in 1.1.1. it didn't
happen; does it happen now?
6. "any groups on the current card are automatically placed on the new
card": well that didn't happen just now when I tried it in 7.1.
but CLONE was introduced at version 1.0, so why was this capability
7. Stack Mover: I cannot see that in the Application Browser for 7.1 . . .
Would be most grateful for any answers to the above, and especially #3.
More information about the Use-livecode