Business Application Framework

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 18:51:05 EDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com
> wrote:

> This is one of the curly issues. I personally can’t imagine the tedium of
> having to set a default property for half the properties of every object.

It becomes routine; I'm building forms.   I have several button that loop
through to set things for every field on the card, for example, unless it
meets certain qualifications.

I didn't include the vcIgnoreProperites , either.

My solution is to dispatch a message to each object so that it can sort
> itself out for saving. Stacks can resize themselves causing resizeStack
> handlers to trigger etc.

But how would objects know whether or not to do this in less you set
properties in them, anyway, or gave them a script?

> . however, this does introduce a workflow issue which I then resolved by
> doing the VCS export from a command lime app that is run whenever the
> stackFile is saved. It works relatively well and as it’s asynchronous
> there’s no waiting around for the save.

I like that – it takes a long enough to save, anyway.

I have message box commands to bump the version of my projects in library,
and also a routine that checks to see if the version is changed on the
launch dash but it takes a minute or two to run!

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462