Business Application Framework

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Aug 15 17:17:36 EDT 2015

> On 16 Aug 2015, at 1:16 am, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Along with their customPropertySet, there could be a "vcsIgnoresSet", or a
> group of properties of vcsIgnoresPosition, vcsIgnoresHilite,
> vcsIgnoresText, vcsIgnoresVis, vcsIgnoresSize.  There could be a vcsIgnore
> checkbook on custom properties

This is one of the curly issues. I personally can’t imagine the tedium of having to set a default property for half the properties of every object. My solution is to dispatch a message to each object so that it can sort itself out for saving. Stacks can resize themselves causing resizeStack handlers to trigger etc.. however, this does introduce a workflow issue which I then resolved by doing the VCS export from a command lime app that is run whenever the stackFile is saved. It works relatively well and as it’s asynchronous there’s no waiting around for the save.