mySQL: PHP or direct access?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Sat Aug 15 16:29:16 EDT 2015

On 2015-08-15 18:30, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Excellent, thank you Peter.  Had not had a chance to look at the
> release
> notes for those two versions yet.  It doesn't look like the referenced
> bug
> report 14289 has been updated to reflect this.
>
> Couple of follow up questions.
>
> Has the sqlite user authentication module been enabled in this version
> of
> the library?  Details are at
> http://www.sqlite.org/src/doc/trunk/ext/userauth/user-auth.txt.  There
> are
> some new sqlite APIs involved with this which I believe would require
> corresponding new LC database functions.
>
> Can you comment on my request to allow LC users to dynamically load an
> sqlite library of their choice? It seems that capability would relieve
> the
> team from having to keep up to date with the SQLite library, except of
> course in situations where the LC interface to the sqlite library
> requires
> a change.

I can't answer any of those questions -- you're best off posting them to
the relevant bug report(s).

There's no reason you can't simply compile your own copy of the revdb
extension to your exact requirements, however.  It should be possible
for a custom version to be a direct, drop-in replacement.  All the
source code etc. is there.

                                      Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>