mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Aug 15 12:39:45 EDT 2015

It doesn’t feel like a 3rd party mouse issue to me, but that is only because the problem is limited to LiveCode stack content.  (I have a Macally EcoMouse hooked up at the moment.)

This occurs in the content of some LiveCode windows.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen it outside of that.  It most often shows up in the editor, but I’ve seen it in a stack I’m creating.  Such a stack might have buttons, fields and option menus on it.

It doesn’t feel like an IDE thing to me, but I hope it is.  That is, I don’t want to see this in a standalone.  Maybe the IDE sometimes uses or modifies a cursor image?

I’m not now working on cursors or image hotspots or Windows menus or anything like that, so I don’t think it is my code that is doing anything.

This happened on Mavericks and then on the same machine upgraded to Yosemite.

I am not sure, but I think one time i had to restart OS X.  I have trouble believing that.  However it might be a Gatsby Bug, involving both LiveCode and OS X.  (I made up that term.  In The Great Gatsby, a lady says accidents occur when two bad drivers enter the same intersection.)

Dar