Downloaded stacks on iOS

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Aug 14 22:20:09 EDT 2015

Has any LC developer actually tried?

"Third, Apple's stance on this is a little ambiguous. It seems to be
allowed by Apple's rules, so long as you don't use your newfound
app-updating superpowers to "turn your Dora the Explorer app into a
zombie apocalypse app," Arbesfeld says."

e.g. if I have an app where all the background graphics fonts, styles
navigation etc is all in and approved and the app is live..

then I have a button that says "Play Unjumble"... and we do a call

put url ("http://www.mydomain/stacks/unjumble.livecode") into url
("binfile: ~[enginepath]/modules/unjumble.livecode")

# (would this be valid syntax... do we need to save LC stacks as binary
for them to work)

where "unjumble" has the exact same "eye candy" as the main app... so
that it looks and feels exactly like the original approved app.

Has anyone actually tried this?
Can we do it on Android?

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami