Bug getting group name, plse check

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Fri Aug 14 18:50:07 EDT 2015

Folks:
I just encountered what appears to be an error in the group function.

To duplicate, make a new stack.
Make a graphic for a background
Make a button
group the graphic and the background
Name the group something, anything, like “myGroup”
inside the button script, put:

on mouseUp
   send "getGroup" to grp "myGroup"
   put the long name of me into lName
   put wordOffset("Group",lName) into nw
   put word nw+1 of lName into tGroup
   breakpoint
   put the short name of grp me into tGroup
   answer tGroup
end mouseUp

in the group script, put:
on getGroup
   put the short name of grp me into theGroupName
   breakpoint
end getGroup

You will notice that the “put the short name of grp me ….” statement, the correct group name is in tGroup. However, if you continue past the breakpoint, the code fails. You can verify that the statement “put the short name of grp me into tGroup” works by putting a breakpoint in the group script.

It’s not a show-stopper, but seems to be a bug.

Verify, anybody?

Best,
Bill

William A. Prothero