Business Application Framework

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Aug 14 18:11:12 EDT 2015

Monte Goulding wrote:
 > It’s a bit of a “how long is a piece of string” question at the
 > moment. I can’t promise to make anything work out of the box in
 > the IDE. If that’s what the community wants (I want it too) then
 > it’s probably better that whatever funding is raised goes to
 > Edinburgh so it’s part of the IDE/engine. On the other hand they
 > may not want to complicate the IDE with it for all users??? If it
 > needs to remain a plugin then perhaps with some community support
 > I could release my CLI and IDE plugin but it’s probably best to
 > work through things with the team in Edinburgh first.

Why not a bundled plugin?  There's good precedent with LC shipping with
third-party plugins bundled, and that makes it instantly available to
the widest audience while still managing expectations in terms of support.

In terms of the remaining work, would it be helpful if you had one or
two other people to lend a hand with that?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager
  richard at livecode.org