lcVCS in the LC Forums

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Aug 14 00:43:02 EDT 2015

On 08/13/2015 09:24 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> There wasn’t a parallel effort. They wanted the import/export in the engine which was fair enough so I’ve only done minor maintenance since then with the plan that once released I’d redo my IDE integration to work with the new format.

Right. I'm up on that history.

I'm just saying that if the team is working on this now or plans to in
the future while lcVCS development is going on then it's a wasted
effort. I'm not saying that the team needs to telegraph their intentions
every step of the way (although it would be nice to avoid BAF-style
surprises), but I'm not the only one who's put a lot of work into
projects that have been torpedoed by new items coming from the
mothership that we didn't expect. However, I don't think the team takes
user-level version control seriously enough to warrant this being a real
problem.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com