Business Application Framework

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Thu Aug 13 16:30:01 EDT 2015

The big response on this topic illustrates to me that the community is very concerned about the possibility of a two-tiered livecode environment where we need to pay extra to get added premium features that we all will want. Personally, I am very happy with the direction and work that the dev team has taken so far, especially considering my past experience with Adobe Director. But, I confess to a worry about a possible “bait and switch” outcome, which I don’t really think is the intention, but the announcement was worded in a way that allowed for this interpretation by a community exposed to this tactic by other software companies.  How many “Free” games have we downloaded, only to find that it costs more to actually play?

It seems reasonable that the livecode enterprise is continuing to evolve their business plan, and that as it evolves, new changes will occur. Hopefully the comments and reactions on this topic will inform and help the enterprise communicate plan effectively for the future.

The worst outcome, of course, would be for the enterprise to go “belly up” and we then are all abandoned. So, I am hoping they find a great business plan that they can present to the community in a clear way that is as understandable as possible.

That said: I love the application and am grateful for it every day that I use it.

Regards,
Bill

William A. Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org/