lcVCS in the LC Forums

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Aug 13 06:14:49 EDT 2015

Hi Todd

There’s a bit of a story here. Towards the end of 2013 I lined up with Kevin to sell him the IP for $10k so lcVCS and my IDE integration could be rolled into the IDE. After some discussions I managed to convince him that it should be in both community and commercial IDEs. Then in January 2014 we had a stillborn baby and the next 6 months went down the tube. I did the bare minimum to keep my clients ticking over and didn’t do anything about lcVCS for Kevin. So later that year they contacted me saying they would do their own in-house. Now it appears they half did it and then dropped it…

So my position is I’m now more aware that I was taking on too much work for little return in the LC community (I started lcVCS just to get it done not to build and sell to Kevin) and while I enjoy that I really need to be either earning money or spending time with the family these days. At least most of the time. I usually put in more to mergExt than I get out… So there you have it. I’d love to pick it up again and run with it but at least partial funding probably needs to be in place before I can do that. If you’re keen to help with that then I’m keen too ;-)

Cheers

Monte