Business Application Framework

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Aug 12 22:40:08 EDT 2015

On 08/12/2015 02:35 PM, Peter TB Brett wrote:

> ## Current state of version control for stacks
>
> I spent the first few months after joining LiveCode attempting to
> implement a scheme which would allow *any* LiveCode app -- no matter how
> complicated -- to be stored in a format that could be reliably and
> safely stored in a version control system and losslessly converted to
> and from "traditional" LiveCode stacks.

I did this some years ago, and it's still built into the glx2 script
editor because I've been too lazy to pull it out. But it can suffer once
again from the lack of uuid object ids. When Monte and I talked about
this a couple of years ago (wow - it's been that long?) I thought the
lcVCS idea sounded good if it would integrate well with the IDE. And
since it does, version control really should just be there out of the
box, and not as a third-party add-on.

> It is probably also worth mentioning that the Business Application
> Framework is written entirely in LiveCode.

<sigh> so no real oop then.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com