[YO EDINBURGH!] Microsoft Open-Sources It's Toolkit For Making iOS Apps Run On Win 10

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Wed Aug 12 13:26:27 EDT 2015

They're also showing that the market trends are in Androids favor as even
free (ad sponsored apps) will get downloaded millions of times on android
devices.  Sure, if your apps are filling a niche big enough that a few
thousand will buy it, you're in good shape.  But if an app is rather
average, a few million pennies are also good.  That $19B in Android revenue
could easily pass the $22B iOS if volume of devices sold continues this
trend.

So, volume of devices sold CAN reflect your profitability if you use ad
frameworks at least partially.  Some will pay for an ad-free upgrade.  So,
I don't discount the Android market as being a mere afterthought.  In fact,
I personally have only purchased apps for Android, or desktop.  Maybe there
was just 1 for iOS a couple years ago.