Choosing a database and LC tools

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Mon Aug 10 13:41:56 EDT 2015

> On Aug 10, 2015, at 9:36 AM, tbodine <bodine at bodinetraininggames.com> wrote:
>
> 1) Is SQLite the best choice for local database file with a Livecode
> interface? (Each database record will need to hold a few sentences of
> Unicode text, 1 or 2 small arrays, the text contents of a few cprops, and a
> field for tags the user can apply to categorize the various records.) I
> doubt the number of records would ever exceed 10,000 with an average more
> like 2,000.
>
> 2) The content of some records may have associated images or audio files. I
> can store the paths to those, but paths break easily. How much does it bloat
> or burden a database to store jpgs, pngs, wavs or aifs files in records?
>
> 3) I see there are a few 3rd-party tools for database work with Livecode.
> (SQLyoga, SQLiteAdmin and SQLMagic). Are there others? Are these current
> with LC7?
>
> 4) Are there contract developers in the LC community that specialize in
> setting up databases with LC interfaces?

Hi Tom,

Another 3rd party option is CassiaDB. The local database is free. You can learn more about it at LiveCloud.io.
If you have any questions about it, feel free to write us.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
canelasoftware.com

CassiaDB: The easy to use, free local storage database made for LiveCode Developers: livecloud.io