HTML5...

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Thu Apr 30 09:08:01 EDT 2015

True Ben. It also takes time for a culture to change. Livecode is now an
open source project. That's a big shift in processes, people and perception.

I also would like to see a faster shift towards open discussion of progress
and targets. We are still a bit in an in-house engineering culture, with
company events, blog posts and occasional videos published.

Being more open with regards to technical development plans is still I fear
considered to be a marketing exercise, or a diversion from real (in house )
software development.

A move towards openly presenting internal strategic and early day planning
of software development would be useful, and I'm sure it will come as the
culture shifts. Showing your underwear in public is not easy, nor is
figuring out how to manage open source community participation and
expectations.

But i do think mot describing on some technical detail what will or is
aimed to be built, 9 months after the Kickstarter is wrong. Telling what
you are planning to fo ss an ongoing process is the way to go. Not a month
before a release.

Publishing an ongoing roadmap should be as easy as publishing whatever
Livecode Ltd have in-house by way of Road-map or dev minutes.

No flames please - I'm sensitive :)