Displaying a stack as sheet

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Wed Apr 29 17:15:20 EDT 2015

Hi,

I’m wanting to display a stack as a sheet. It shows help text over the current card. This is a cross-platform application for Mac and Windows desktop.

The stack has a field for the help text, an image, and a button to click on to hide the sheet.  I’ve got it to show correctly on my Mac, but:

1. How do I dismiss it? Clicking on the button to send a message “hide stack tStack” doesn’t do it. A script in the button to “exit…”?

2. On Windows I understand it will show as a modal dialog. Does this mean there will be a standard “Cancel” button added on automatically? Will the size of the stack be maintained along with control placement?

The dictionary is kind of vague about this…

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA