iOS Profile Problems..."Could not find a valid identity..."

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Tue Apr 28 15:34:18 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I have messed up my iOS profile settings in Standalone Builder.

Two days ago I built a Enterprise iOS standalone app fine. Made some change to the app, and attempted to save out a new standalone version and i got a “could not find a valid identity to use for the selected profile” message and the build failed. (I think I some how changed the identifier name and missed that…water under the bridge now..)

In troubleshooting, i think I have just made things worse. I would like to start from scratch.

I am using following previous post, http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22341 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22341> Vedus provides steps on recreating the necessary identities, keys, certs, etc.

I stil was not successful.

I want to start from scratch on the Apple Developer Portal. Should I delete all my certificates, identifiers, and provisioning profiles first, and then follow Vedus’s described steps, or does LiveCode have better documentation for setting up necessary components for building iOS apps?

Also, in Standalone Settings, LiveCode is showing all my iOS profiles, even the ones that have long since expired. How do i delete these profiles from the StandAlone settings interface?

I could not find anything that lays the process down from scratch.  Again, this is using our Enterprise developer license.

Thank you!