Image IDs

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 27 21:34:14 EDT 2015

On 4/27/2015 4:56 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> I'm still left with the questions of is it possible that an image ID in the
> 200,000-299,999 range in a plugin rather than a standalone could exist in
> another developer's plugin and be used instead of mine.  I guess the answer
> to that is yes since the last item in the search path is all open stacks,
> plus there's the issue of library stacks which I know are searched.

Right, it could happen, though up in those high ranges the odds are
lower. But if your images are used only in your own plugin stacks then
there is no problem because your plugin stack will be searched before
the others. That's why IDs still work in multiple open stacks that all
have an image with an ID of, say, 1005. The stack that needs the image
will be searched first.

Most conflicts happen when an image is referenced from another stack,
and the second conflicting image is in a stack that happens to be hit on
first.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com