Enabling/Disabling MenuItems in LC

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 27 21:26:21 EDT 2015

On 4/27/2015 3:43 PM, Terence Heaford wrote:
> When selecting
>
> menuItem 3 of menu "File" — close
>
> I call a tidy up routine called “closeDB” which closes the DB and
> carries out some other tidying up including setting the uDBOpen of
> stack  “TH” to false.  This is called from the “File” menu script
> menuPick.
>
> I have now placed a call to setupMenus in the closeDB routine and
> this resolves the issue.

I thought the problem was that the keyboard shortcuts weren't working,
which usually implies a misconfigured key assignment in the text of the
button (not it's script, the menu assignments.) But it sounds like
you've figured it out.

> Is the menuBar script called before or after the menuPick pItemName
> script in the individual menus?

LC menus are just buttons in a group and they follow the normal message
hierarchy. So the menuPick in the button will trigger first, and if not
handled, is passed to the menu group.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com