Enabling/Disabling MenuItems in LC

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Mon Apr 27 16:43:38 EDT 2015

> On 27 Apr 2015, at 18:58, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>
> If you haven't solved this yet, can you post the text of those menu buttons? There may be a misconfiguration somewhere.

Thank you for your interest.

When selecting

menuItem 3 of menu "File" — close

I call a tidy up routine called “closeDB” which closes the DB and carries out some other tidying up including setting the uDBOpen of stack  “TH” to false.  This is called from the “File” menu script menuPick.

I have now placed a call to setupMenus in the closeDB routine and this resolves the issue.

The only issue I can think of is the timing of calls within LC.

Is the menuBar script called before or after the menuPick pItemName script in the individual menus?

All the best

Terry