struggling with player

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Sun Apr 26 19:43:29 EDT 2015

Hi Bill,

> Am 27.04.2015 um 00:04 schrieb William Prothero <prothero at earthednet.org>:
>
> Klaus:
> Yeah, just as I posted this, I noticed in the user guide that it was the playLoudness. I used that and it did change the loudness. However, I’m still having trouble getting the players to play continuously when I drag the loudness scroller. I have 3 players going simultaneously and I’m changing the loudness on 2 of them. There seems to be some kind of timing problem because if I change the loudness too quickly, one of the players stops.
>
> It also seems pretty cumbersome that there isn’t a “play from start” command. I will fiddle with the startTime,endTime, and playSelection to try to get it to rewind to the start. But it seems line basic commands are quirky to implement.

See below :-)

> So, to get the player to begin at the start, when it’s somewhere else, I’d have to do something like:
> stop player myPlayer
> put the duration of player myPlayer into endTime
> set the startTime of player myPlayer to 1
> set the endTime of player myPlayer to endTime
> set the playSelection of player 1 to true
> start player myPlayer

Just tested with LC 7.04 (never worked with the new AVFoindation player object before)
and this single line will it:
…
set the currenttime of player "myplayer“ to 0
## Or any other time in the audio/movie
…
No need to stop the player or set a selection from STARTTIME to ENDTIME.
Playback will continue!

> Do I have to stop, then start the player to get it to jump to a particular location?

See above.

> And, is there a way to keep the other player going, without being affected by commands and the stack losing focus?

Sorry, not sure I understand your exact problem?

> Thanks, Klaus, for your input.
> Best,
> Bill

Best