Can livecode do this?

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Sun Apr 26 11:43:06 EDT 2015

I have 3 players playing sounds with a looping background in two players, to create a continuous background sound. It works very well. Now I’m wondering if the player that is dragged from the IDE palette is the AV Foundation player, or the old one that uses Quicktime. Do I have to do anything to invoke the AV Foundation player? I am using version 7.0.4 of livecode.

The user guide has some good info about the player properties, but it also mentions quicktime. Eventually this will be a mobile app, so perhaps it doesn’t matter for developing, but I’d like to know.

Is there a link where I can get up to date info about the new player?

Thanks,
Bill