Need Help With FTP

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 24 10:46:12 EDT 2015

Gregory Lypny wrote:

 >  Blocking is not really the problem for me; it’s the session timeouts
 > or dropped connection when downloading many files in a loop. I think
 > the public server does not like repeated calls with the same
 > connection, but I do not know how to make a new connection for, say,
 > every 100 downloads.

That may be a bug in the server configuration.  Some of my WebMerge
customers upload literally hundreds of thousands of files to simple
shared host servers without issue.

I'm not even working that hard, just using this form in a loop that
iterates through the file list:

         put url ("binfile:"&tDestFile) into url tDestUrl

If this app is used only by yourself you may consider setting up a
shared SSH key with the server and using a shell call in LC to rsync,
which would be much faster and perhaps a bit more robust, and certainly
more secure.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems