which version to use for using player with mp3 files?

FORD JR., CURT CFORD at mailbox.sc.edu
Tue Apr 21 17:08:51 EDT 2015

I'm considering a project that will be pretty straightforward, but it will have lots of external mp3 files that I've always managed with a player before. I've got various versions of 6.x and 7 I could work with, but with quicktime deprecated (?) and a new player object I'm wondering which version people have found most reliable for playing sound files. It'll need to work on Mac and Windows, no plans for mobile.

Thanks!

Curt