Stacks and livecode server?

EED-wp Email prothero at earthednet.org
Tue Apr 21 13:47:22 EDT 2015

With so much being done with electronic books these days, i would thing there could be a system where individual chapters could be kept reasonably up to date. But i also find a printed book to be really nice and i often prefer it.

The advantage of a book rather than docs of commands is that you get more on various approaches to problems. Often i simply don't know the command to use, to get a specific job done. At first, project organization was a big challenge, then I found an approach and am still refining it. Making readable code is another challenge. The online tutorials made by the Livecode team are useful but often don't go far enough.

There are many gems posted on this list. I wonder if somebody mined some of the best ones, categorized and posted them, and invited their authors to edit them, would be useful. Kind of like an open source book.

The livecode Creat-IT course may ultimately be a valuable resource. There's an amazing amount of great info in it. At this point it needs a LOT of exiting to achieve its potential.

Whatever is done, it will need to be extensible to accommodate the rapid evolution of livecode

Bill

William Prothero
http://ed.earthednet.org