Large Scripts Run too Slowly

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:56:47 EDT 2015

Ray,

Take a look at the way the MasterLibrary Works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wpwn3hfbmpl7sk/MasterLibrary.livecode?dl=0 It
has an infrastructure in place to add functions and handler to stacks.
These can easily be turned into substacks.    Feel free to copy with
pride if it makes sense for your situation.   The MasterLibrary was
intended to be used for code that is re-used multiple times in many
applications but it might give you some ideas.  Unfortunately, the
dependance graph is created manually.  It would be really nice if I
could figure that out dynamically, but it is what it is for now.
Because of that it may be easier to build the libraries by hand is the
code was not intended to be reusable reusable.    Anyway, food for
thought...

I just checked the size of the library and it is currently running at
12250 lines and I am only noticing a minor lag on loading the script
into the editor.  I guess I am going to add some new content to see if I
run into the slow downs that you describe.

-= Mike