curiosities in object reference

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Sun Apr 19 21:18:02 EDT 2015

If you are absolutely sure your field has a unique name then this works…

   put "text" into fRef
   put "deux" into word 2 of control fRef

…but, I think if you are replacing text in this way you will still lose any formatting, so you may need to do something like this…

   put "text" into fRef
   put the textStyle of word 2 of control fRef into tStyle
   put "deux" into word 2 of control fRef
   set the textStyle of word 2 of control fRef to tStyle

or, another alternative…

   put the layer of field "text" into fRef
   put the textStyle of word 2 of control fRef into tStyle
   put "deux" into word 2 of control fRef
   set the textStyle of word 2 of control fRef to tStyle

Paul