Basic Table Field prints as one solid color

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Apr 19 14:07:54 EDT 2015

Did you try making the field transparent (disable opaque)?

Here's a suggestion from the "goofy workarounds" category...

You say the field prints correctly with no text.  How about empty lines with only return characters?  If that works, and assuming the field can be scrolled, maybe you could try:

- store the scroll value of the field and it's text
- set the text of the field to some number of empty lines that allows restoring the scroll
- import a snapshot of the field at the field's rect with grid intact
- set the ink effect of the snapshot to multiply
- restore the field's text and scroll
- disable the field's grid (so the snapshot is used as visible grid)
- print
- restore the grid and delete the snapshot

If scrolling is not needed, you can skip the part about setting the empty lines and setting the scroll.

I know this ranks about 11 on the goofiness scale, but maybe worth a try.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design