Answering a few questions about my book

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Apr 17 17:27:24 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

A few people have asked me whether my book is still relevant, now that
LiveCode 7 handles text differently and LiveCode 8 will provide a number
of significant new features .  The book is mainly about the scripting
language. More than 99% of the LiveCode language has continued to work
from Revolution 3.5 till LiveCode 8. Probably, more than 99.9% of the
language as discussed in my book, still works in LiveCode 8 (and
probably future versions too).

Currently, I have no plans to rewrite the book. If I ever do so, I would
probably focus on the new properties inspector and new text features,
not so much on widgets and html5. This way, the book will serve its
purpose best: an introduction to LiveCode for real beginners.
I have also been asked if I'm going to write more books about LiveCode.
Probably I will. One book is making good progress and will be available
in a few months; hopefully before the end of summer, but only when I'm
satisfied about it.

The question I get most frequently is about publishing an e-book. It has
to be said again: Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner will not be
published as an e-book. I might decide to publish an e-book some time,
but it won't be this book.

If you have any more questions, please read this blog post
http://tinyurl.com/n9ogfrs It answers almost all questions. You can also
send an e-mail to support at economy-x-talk.com

--
Best regards,